Known as the country of ancient culture, beautiful architecture and delicious food, Italy has got a long-term love story with sport. It is home to important internationally-recognised names, like Ferrari and Valentino Rossi, and some of the most prestigious football clubs in Europe.
Anyone in love with sport would be fascinated by the immense tradition and passion all up and down the Peninsula. Most of all, the north-centre regions offer a series of sport-related experiences that attract Formula 1, MotoGP and soccer fans from all around the world.
Not to mention that these experiences can be combined with tickets to live matches or races, and visits to some of the most beautiful cities in Italy.
Here below we are going to give you just a few examples of the unique experiences you can add to your itineraries. Do not hesitate to contact our destination experts for more information and tickets availability.
1. San Siro Stadium Tour & Museum: Milan is probably the most iconic city for football fans in Italy. Home of two important European clubs, AC Milan and FC Inter Milan, it hosted some incredible matches in the past. The Meazza Stadium, also known as San Siro Stadium or “La Scala del Calcio”, is probably one of the most renowned football arenas in the world, especially for the opening game of the memorable 1990 World Cup which saw the Cameroon team beat Diego Maradona and World Cup holders Argentina 1-0. The tour gives access to areas of the stadium usually reserved to the teams, giving the opportunity to see the lockers, the benches and a small part of the pitch. The museum hosts a selection of jerseys worn by some of the leading players of the two teams, going through their main history. Definitely a must-do experience if you love football, which can be combined with a visit to the beautiful Duomo and a shopping session in the capital of fashion.
2. Juventus Stadium Experience: Juventus FC is probably the most successful and popular Italian team at the moment, also thanks to the arrival of one of the most loved football players around the world, Cristiano Ronaldo. Thousands of fans have been attending Juve matches in the last year just for a chance to see their favourite champion. Why do not combine the excitement of a live match with a tour of the stadium? Your clients will have the opportunity to watch the world’s best football player in action after exploring the dressing room, media area and many more exclusive parts of one of the most modern and environment-friendly stadium in Europe. While in Turin, do not miss the opportunity of adding a sightseeing tour of this elegant city, witness of the Italian royal past and centre of the movement that unified the country at the beginning of 1800.
3. Supercars Test Drive: This is an amazing experience for all car lovers! Just 1 hour from Milan you will have the incredible opportunity to drive 2/3 laps on a proper circuit, with a beautiful supercar (Ferrari or Lamborghini). A professional instructor will brief you on the circuit and health and safety, and then assist you during the driving. A unique opportunity also for less experienced guests with a real passion for car races, which can become even more exclusive if combined with tickets to the F1 Italian Grand Prix in Monza.
4. Ferrari Museum Maranello: If your clients prefer a quieter afternoon in company of the most beautiful and desired cars in the world, then the Ferrari Museum is exactly what you are looking for. Book a guided tour for a full immersion into the Prancing Horse’s extraordinary roots and history via its most famous and successful F1 cars, legendary sports prototypes and GTs, and, of course, the road cars that have set the benchmark for the entire car industry. The visit can also include a panoramic shuttle bus tours to the Fiorano track and the factory complex, where it is possible to admire buildings and facilities designed by world-leading architects like Renzo Piano and Massimiliano Fuksas, and the historic part of the factory which dates back to 1947. Combine the stay with a visit to the magnificent city of Modena, where the Cathedral, together with the Ghirlandina Tower and Piazza Grande, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.
5. Ducati Museum and visit to the Factory: If your clients are more interested into the MotoGP and passionate about bikes, we have got the right experience for them as well. Ducati is one of the most renewed and important brands in the world and fans from all over the world would be very excited to include a full experience at the Ducati Factory in Bologna. The museum is a journey through the 90-year history of the Company, its style, performance and the search for perfection. Historical models are on display with highlights of the protagonists and the technological innovations that have made Ducati success. The visit will be completed with a guided tour of the factory, where the guests will witness the various manufacturing and engine assembly phases, the vehicle assembly lines and testing procedures. And if this is not enough, Bologna offers a perfect setting for a typical Italian experience, with a charming city centre and important culinary tradition (visit FICO for more inspirations).