Please be aware that a nationwide strike has been called by main unions involving public and private sectors.
All major cities in Italy are going to be affected and regular transport services are likely to be disrupted.
– Flights – 24 hr strike from 00.01 hrs – 23.59 hrs on 25th – mainly Alitalia
– Air traffic controllers – from 12.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs on 25th
– Trains – 24 hour strike from 21.00 hrs on 24th to 21.00 hrs on 25th
– Ferries – 24 hr strike from 00.01 hrs – 23.59 hrs on 25th
– Autostrade (Highways) – 24 hr strike from 22.00 hrs on 24th to 22.00 hrs on 25th – this does not mean they are closed but that the toll stations will not be manned plus some autogrill stations might be closed
– Public Transport – this varies from city to city but normally public transport is guaranteed during specific time slots, from 5:30am to 8:30am and from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
– Museums – we have not received any notification on national museums/monument participating to the strike. We are monitoring the situation and we are going to provide more information in case of any update.
Our Rome Office is already in contact with the relevant authorities and we are going to post updates as soon as they are available.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office for further clarifications.